Any sign of supply chain returning to normal?

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Thu May 19 15:58:34 UTC 2022

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 10:33 AM Jason Biel <jason at biel-tech.com> wrote:

> Who's going to support that reflashed device? Certainly not the OEM vendor.

The oem ain't gonna support the resold device either.

Yes, arguably, someone or someones doing a value add would have to be
making money at it somehow.

However, at least in my world, volunteers make the world round, still.
It would kind of suck,
I suppose, if someone unleashed a few hundred thousand reflashed
routers like the TIP openwifi
effort ( https://telecominfraproject.com/ ) seem to intent on doing...

... but if the OS is good enough to not need support, the impact is minimal.