Re: MSA’s and network architecture

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Wed May 18 06:39:17 UTC 2022

We could also add an explanation to our proposals for the acronym. :)

In your fair proposal, MSA is related to network architecture as a way
to standardise pluggable (optics). But as always standards are
incomplete, ambiguous and do not guarantee interoperability, so it
will take some time for industry to decide what is 'correct'
interpretation of MSA. Implying when you buy early in life cycle new
optics, you may want to source more carefully and test, compared to
buying later in life cycle sourcing pluggables anywhere with 0 testing
is relatively low risk.

--
  ++ytti