Juniper MX204 allow oversubscription?

Mark Tinka mark at tinka.africa
Tue May 17 05:18:03 UTC 2022

On 5/16/22 20:27, Randy Carpenter wrote:

> Yes... the MX304 is awesome, but the price is going to be crazy. Possibly ~10x MX204 if fully loaded.

For me, the MX304 should, really, be an alternative to the MX10003, and
not an upgrade of the MX204.

Far easier to get more MX204's than even one MX304 :-).

> What does the ACX7100 have in terms of FIB/RIB ? Juniper is making it very hard as of late to find that information. I'd be curious if the ACX could do brder router duties with multiple full BGP feeds (which the MX204 has no problem with at all)

The ACX7100 is an x86-based system with 32GB of RAM. It ships with a
Broadcom J2 chip. Aggregate capacity is 4.8Tbps. FIB is 1 - 2 million
entries.

There is a bunch of timing in the box, so you can guess whom it's aimed at.

Mark.