Newbie x Cisco IOS-XR x ROV: BCP to not harassing peer(s)

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Sat May 14 18:15:36 UTC 2022

On 14/05/2022 00:16, Jakob Heitz (jheitz) via NANOG wrote:

> 'RPKI-dropped-only' causes the dropped routes to be stored. This will prevent
> the unnecessary route-refreshes described above. It does not prevent all
> route-refreshes, but uses significantly less memory than 'RPKI-tested-only'
>
> Regards,
> Jakob.

In the end, the reason for all this RPKI-thingy is to prevent route
spoofing by malicious actors.  It sure would be nice if someone from the
top 20: https://asrank.caida.org/ would be able to have an auto-updated
site that showed all RPKI dropped from their end.

This would complement https://bgpstream.crosswork.cisco.com/ for those
of us who want to know who is trying to hijack our routes at the core.

Regards,
Hank