Newbie x Cisco IOS-XR x ROV: BCP to not harassing peer(s) and upstream(s)

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed May 11 19:22:32 UTC 2022

On 5/11/22 10:53 AM, Job Snijders via NANOG wrote:
> This knob slightly increase your own memory consumption, but makes your
> router more “neighbourly”! :-)

I question how accurate "slightly" is.

My understanding is that soft reconfiguration inbound (whatever the
syntax for a given IOS is) causes a full copy of the received prefix
list to be retained in memory for each of the peers with soft
reconfiguration enabled.

So, to me, the amount of impact to memory will be based on both the
number of prefixes advertised and the number of peers that soft
reconfiguration is enabled on.

Please enlighten me if I'm wrong / misunderstanding something.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die