Re: 10 Do's + Don'ts for Visiting Québec + Register Now for N85!

Stephen Fulton sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Sun May 8 20:31:58 UTC 2022

I will add that card cloning is common enough in Canada that one should
take precautions, particularly if just using the magnetic strip instead
of tapping or chip/code.  Don't hand your card to anyone to allow them
to swipe either, no matter how nicely they offer.

If you are not from Canada and do not speak French but have an English
accent that could be from another part of Canada, you may get an
atittude from some service workers.. just explain that you're not from
Canada and the attitude will clear right up.

It's a wonderful city, just use your head.