Court orders for blocking of streaming services

Anne Mitchell amitchell at isipp.com
Sun May 8 16:02:35 UTC 2022

First, I have NOT read this order, however:

> As the order is to those "having actual knowledge of this Default
> Judgment and Permanent Injunction Order

This tells me all that I need to know in terms of the scope of it.   A default judgement means that the defendant never responded.  That means that the only thing that the court has to go on is what is in the plaintiff's pleadings.

Moreover, generally speaking and because of that, a default judgement will often (if not close to always) give the plaintiff everything for which they asked.  Again, I have _not_ read the pleadings, but I'd bet dollars to doughnuts (what *does* that saying mean, anyways?) that if you read the plaintiff's pleadings, specifically in their "what they want the court to do" section (called in some jurisdictions a "request for relief" or "relief requested"), you will find that the court's order closely tracks what the plaintiff asked the court to do.

Again, when a defendant defaults, that's pretty much SOP, the court will create an order based on that for which the plaintiff has asked.

Anne

--
Anne P. Mitchell, Attorney at Law
CEO ISIPP SuretyMail
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal anti-spam law)
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus: Mail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS) (now the anti-spam arm of TrendMicro)