Court orders for blocking of streaming services

Masataka Ohta mohta at necom830.hpcl.titech.ac.jp
Sun May 8 15:19:36 UTC 2022

Mel Beckman wrote:

> But the phrase "or linking to the domain" Includes hundreds, possibly
> thousands, of unwitting certain parties:

DMCA treats "linking" to illegal contents as illegal as the
contents themselves, which is why I wrote:

: In addition, it seems to me that name server operators "having
: actual knowledge" that some domain names are used for copyright
: infringements are not be protected by DMCA.

 > I think I am simply right.

So, you know nothing about DMCA. Read it.

 > The lawsuit is contradictory and overreaching.

As for transit ISPs enjoying a safe harbor of DMCA, yes, as I
already said so.

						Masataka Ohta