Court orders for blocking of streaming services

Jim Popovitch jimpop at domainmail.org
Sun May 8 13:08:29 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-05-08 at 12:01 +0000, Mel Beckman wrote:
> The plaintiff’s won a default judgement, because the defendants didn’t show up in court.  But they could not have shown up in court, because they were only listed as “John Does” in the lawsuit. Thus no defendant could have “actual knowledge” that they were sued, let alone be serviced with litigation documents. For the court to then approve sanctions against innocent non-parties to the suit is a logical contradiction.
>
> This just illustrates yet another way our legal system is horribly broken. Just as was demonstrated by the lawsuit from the family of an oil change outlet’s employee against a totally innocent customer, after that employee was killed by negligence of a fellow employee and the oil change outfit’s management. The car owner had no hand in the death, and in fact wasn’t present and had no power to prevent it. Yet he is the one being sued.

So odd to see someone on NANOG describe a video I just watched.  For the
interested here it is from Steve Lehto's channel:

Oil Change Customer Sued After Worker Kills Someone w/Car
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXN1oEWKZE

That guy also did one on the subject of this thread:

Court Orders All ISPs to Block Three Specific Services:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LrieGDMac8

-Jim P.