Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240

Saku Ytti saku at ytti.fi
Fri May 6 09:26:59 UTC 2022

On Fri, 6 May 2022 at 12:17, Mark Tinka <mark at tinka.africa> wrote:

> We have run into issues with platforms that have shipped with FIB's in favour of IPv4 and less for IPv6 and MPLS labels. Shifted around, you could give up whatever is left for IPv6 and ACL's to give more to IPv4, but you then end up losing native IPv6 scalability. And, of course, whatever other permutation you may think of that leaves you in a babysitting scenario for the protocol(s) assigned to peasantry.

You are always here. You always need to understand your scale and how
much resources you have available, what is possible and what is not.
Existence or non-existence of configuration toggle to affect this
doesn't make that situation worse or better.
It is not implied to be a tactical short-term fix, it depends and you
must understand what you are doing to determine your position in any
case.

--
  ++ytti