Cogent ...

Aaron Wendel aaron at wholesaleinternet.net
Thu Mar 31 15:56:32 UTC 2022

I've used Cogent for years and have never been asked to sign an NDA with
them.

Of the 4 providers I use regularly they are the second highest price so
I wouldn't consider them cheap any more either.

There's no better or worse than any transit provider these days.

Aaron

On 3/31/2022 10:38 AM, Laura Smith via NANOG wrote:
> Hmmm....
>
> Spring has sprung and the waft of drivel from a new season Cogent salesdroid filled my telephone earpiece today.
>
> I've never liked the Cogent way of business and my understanding of their IP transit is that it falls into the "cheap for a reason" category.
>
> However, perhaps someone would care to elaborate (either on or off-list) what the deal is with the requirement to sign NDAs with Cogent before they'll discuss things like why they still charge for BGP, or indeed any other technical or pricing matters. Seems weird ?!?
>
> Laura

Aaron Wendel
Chief Technical Officer
Wholesale Internet, Inc. (AS 32097)