Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported re: 202203261833.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Thu Mar 31 15:20:31 UTC 2022

Dear Colleagues:

0)    I would like to summarize this thread of discussion with the
following:

1)    It has been well-known in democracy that too much emphasis on
"majority consensus" may not be really good for the intended goal. For
example, if the general opinions in the ancient time prevailed and the
objectors prosecuted, we probably are still living in a world of
believing that the earth is flat and the sun rotates around the earth!
Science and technology make advances due to a few stubborn and forward
looking hard workers, not by popular wisdom.

2)    No one should be "defending" the decision of going to IPv6 three
decades ago. There is no need to, because it was based on the best
information and knowledge at that time. Now, after two decades of
"experimenting", we have enough data to analyze and a lot of
alternatives to review. There is nothing improper to revise the current
Internet course that was set by engineers of at least two generations ago.

3)    It puzzles me deeply that the voices of the "Internet-way
followers" these days have been so loud. What happened to the rebellion
behaviors of restless young generations? Or, such voices come from those
who made the choice three decades ago and refuse to update?

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-31 11:20)