Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported re: 202203261833.AYC

Pascal Thubert (pthubert) pthubert at cisco.com
Thu Mar 31 12:52:58 UTC 2022

Hi Eduard

And SDN, and overlays, and... I certainly agree with what you're saying.

This is why the L3 tech has to keep evolving as a survival trait. It's a delicate balance between evolving too quickly and producing the impression on unstable tech in the one hand, and stalling in the prehistory that you describe on the other, ask a dino when you meet one.

I argue that there are IPv6 RFCs to accommodate the cases I've seen on this list, but that the capabilities are largely ignored and -consequently- did not necessarily pass the PM barrier. Stalled we are indeed, but not for the lack of IETF work.

Keep safe;

Pascal