ATT DNS contact

nanog at fleish.org nanog at fleish.org
Wed Mar 30 19:19:56 UTC 2022

Hi all,
Apologies for the spam, but if anyone has a contact for AT&T that can help with DNS on the list could you please reach out to me off list? I’m seeing failures to send messages to @txt.att.net addresses due to a bogus DNS failure on your end:

host mx3b.txt.att.net <http://mx3b.txt.att.net/>[166.216.152.132] said: 554
   5.1.0 <REDACTED>  has no MX or A record (in reply to MAIL FROM command)

However, the <REDACTED> domain does have a valid, published MX record. Adding a root A record for the domain allowed me to work around the issue, but shouldn’t  be necessary.

Thanks,
Todd