PoE, Comcast Modems, and Service Outages

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Wed Mar 30 16:55:46 UTC 2022

On 3/29/22 3:46 PM, Joe Greco wrote:
> So if you want the $100 test to eliminate PoE electrical effects, get
> a pair of media converters and run fiber between them.  Put the CPE on
> the far end.  Optimize as appropriate if you have SFP-capable switches.

I second this.

I'd also be willing to get approval for the expense to procure and
install the optical isolation equipment in the spirit of good client
relations with many of the clients that I've had in the past.

Me:  $BOSS, I want to spend $200 as a troubleshooting diagnostic effort
to test to see if the problem that $CLIENT is having is related.  I
think it's not, but I want to rule it out.

Boss:  Why haven't we done this yet?  Please make it happen.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die