PoE, Comcast Modems, and Service Outages

Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com
Tue Mar 29 19:07:47 UTC 2022

We've routinely seen where lines not even connected to the same circuit in
any way (ie an OTA antenna coax line and cat5 POE) cause issues with one
another.  As much as we would all love to have a perfect line in the sand,
there isn't.  Don't rule anything out until the issue is resolved.

As someone that sees this in the field and watches people simply hate on
someone because there's a frustrating situation, it's worth taking a breath
before too upset.