Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported

Joshua Mallad joshua at mallad.org
Sun Mar 27 19:02:34 UTC 2022

I usually keep quiet on this list, but this topic is relevant to me as a
smaller (non-BGP level) network operator who would really love to see more
IPv6 deployment.
I don't have experience deploying internet technologies at the highest
level, so I can't say I fully understand the difficulties surrounding it.
What I can say, however, is that
I am growing extremely frustrated by the lack of available internet address
space.

>From my perspective, IPv6 is the obvious way forward, and honestly, I see a
whole lot of whining any time it is brought up. You guys seem to be so
averse to actually doing your jobs sometimes. Yes, problems may arise when
introducing a new technology. You may have to actually fix some things that
break. The benefit is that we finally get enough address space for everyone
to do what they want with.

How many times are you going to extend and hack away at IPv4, claiming its
easier than just setting up IPv6? It is so silly. Watching this circus is
getting boring. Upgrade your infrastructure. Many devices that can't be
patched to support this "ezip" nonsense don't support IPv6 either, so I see
the "legacy devices" argument as moot either way.