Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported

John Levine johnl at iecc.com
Sun Mar 27 17:53:29 UTC 2022

According to james.cutler at consultant.com <james.cutler at consultant.com>:
>> which, in general, requires provider change and renumbering
>> of globally unique addresses, unless you own /24.
>
>Moot since we are not discussing office moves. However, renumbering to global IPv6 addressing allows easy coexistence with the global Internet

Alternatively, if you have network addresses that you want to be sure
don't leak to the global Internet, ULAs work well, too. If you pay
attention to RFC 4193 and select your Global ID randomly, when you
merge two networks there is no meaningful chance that the ULAs will
overlap.

--
Regards,
John Levine, johnl at taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",