Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported Re: 202203261748.AYC

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Sat Mar 26 22:53:05 UTC 2022

----- On Mar 26, 2022, at 6:16 PM, Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com wrote:

> Hi, Tom & Paul:

> 1) " ... hand waved ... ": Through my line of work, I was trained to behave
> exactly the opposite. I am surprised at you jumping to the conclusion, even
> before challenging me about where did I get my viewpoint from. The fact is, it
> has been clearly documented in our IETF draft for the last couple years (since
> Rev-06 on 2019 Dec. 1)! For your convenience, please see below a copy of the
> potential target code fragment and critique. It appears to me that our software
> member suggested to comment out only one line (1047).

Just because it is trivial to make the modification in a single, specific firmware for one particular device does not mean it is trivial to get it done on *billions* of devices. Even if each one was as trivial as your example, it would still be ludicrously difficult.

Beyond that, I am still not understanding what you are actually trying to propose here. Your refusal to follow simple mailing list etiquette even after numerous requests makes it very difficult to decipher what you are saying.

-Randy