Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported Re: 20220326125.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Sat Mar 26 16:38:07 UTC 2022

Hi, Paul:

1)    " ...  may be in fact: /writing/* and */deploying/* the code  ...
":    Having no idea why and how the 240/4 netblock became so
mysteriously kept away from being used while the IPv4 was officially
already on its way to "Sun Set", we started the conventional approach as
you stated. It was quite frustrating since we did not have the
background in networking software. One day, we came across a short
program code fragment that did the function of /*disabling*/ 240/4
addressed IP packets. It is the "there exists an example" moment for us,
like proofing a mathematics theorem. After all, there was no magic
separating 240/4 from the rest of the IPv4 address pool to start with.
It cleared our mind about this particular task. Now, we only cite this
reference to challenge those software engineers who may state that using
the 240/4 in their code is a lot more involved.   .... Q.E.D.  😉

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-26 12:37 EDT)