Let's Focus on Moving Forward Re: V6 still not supported

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:55:55 UTC 2022

1) please join the list properly and stop replying to the digests.
(note there have been many folks asking you to do this, disconnected
message/new-threads
are super super super annoying and remove the parts of the discussion from
a coherent thread)

On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 12:25 PM Abraham Y. Chen <aychen at avinta.com> wrote:

<snip>

> 1)    " ... 240/4 is way more effort than its proponents want to believe
> and even if it were reclassified effectively as GUA, it doesn’t buy all
> that much life for IPv4. ...   ":     Perhaps you have not bothered to scan
> through a two page whitepaper (URL below, again) that I submitted a week or
> so ago? It promises simple implementation and significant increase of
> assignable IPv4 addresses, even extendable to the similar size of IPv6 if
> we could forgo our mentality about the IP addresses as "Personal
> Properties", by switching to treat them as "Natural Resources".
>
>       https://www.avinta.com/phoenix-1/home/RevampTheInternet.pdf

This paper is super thin on any reasonable level of detail, and seems to
wholly miss the mark on ipv4 usage patterns.

<snip>