ISP data collection from home routers

Tom Beecher beecher at beecher.cc
Thu Mar 24 19:53:11 UTC 2022

You don't even have to use their equipment. My provider at home is Charter
/ Spectrum. I own my own cable modem  / router ,they have no equipment in
my home. Their privacy policy is pretty standard.

Essentially :
- Anything they can see that I transmit they will collect.
- Anything they can see when I use their apps , even if I'm not on their
network, they will collect.
- They will use that information for their technical and business reasons,
whatever they want.
- I am very limited in what I can request that they don't collect or use.

None of this is new in the US. I think more people care about this than we
think, but people don't really have an option to vote with their wallets.