V6 still not supported

Mark Delany k3f at november.emu.st
Thu Mar 24 11:43:52 UTC 2022

On 24Mar22, Vasilenko Eduard allegedly wrote:
> Hence, the primary blocking entity for IPv6 adoption is Google: they do not support DHCPv6 for the most popular OS.

No. The primary "blocking entity" is that "legacy" ipv4 works just fine and adopting ipv6
or ipv4++ or ipv6-lite or ipv-magical is harder than doing nothing.

That Google/Android don't like DHCPv6 is largely irrelevant.

My five year old ISP router only supports ipv4. Yet I get to every site on the planet just
fine. Give me one good reason to spend my hard earned pay on an expensive new router which
supports ipv6?

You have two choices: make my ipv4 router fail or make the new ipv6 router compelling.

How do you propose to do either of those?

Mark.