VPN-enabled advance fee fraud

Grant Taylor gtaylor at tnetconsulting.net
Mon Mar 21 19:37:15 UTC 2022

On 3/21/22 12:56 PM, Jay Hennigan wrote:
> If their intent is not to have data available for analysis, and it sure
> sounds like it is, they aren't going to log flows or netstat. Data will
> be in RAM during the TCP session, then poof.

I largely agree regarding persistent storage.

However, that doesn't preclude netstat / ss / tcpdump and the likes.

There has to be /something/ correlating incoming and outgoing /active/ /
/ongoing/ connections.

I don't see anything speaking to that real-time data in their comments
about architecture.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die