Standards Compliant Mail Client Re: V6 still not supported Re: 202203211201.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Mon Mar 21 16:21:01 UTC 2022

Hi, Blake:

1)    " so it's not a chore to tell what thread you're even replying
to?   ":    I am lost by your statement. I start each of my reply by
quoting a phrase or sentence of the message that I am responding to. To
be sure the original message in included, I copy the last message
following what I am writing. I also prefix it with the forum message tag
such as in this case "NANOG Digest, Vol 170, Issue 20 Message: 33 ".
This should be enough for anyone to follow in the latest exchange, as
well as tracing it back in history from the NANOG Digest, if interested.
Anything more could I do to ease your efforts without beginning to
create a long tail to a thread?

2)    " ... a standards compliant mail client ...   ":    Please name
the "standards" and list a couple software that comply with it. This is
a topic that I am actually very interested in studying because eMails
these days come in too many formats / styles. Please teach me.

Thanks,

Abe (2022-03-21 12:20)