Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re: 202203151549.AYC

Joe Maimon jmaimon at jmaimon.com
Mon Mar 21 09:31:50 UTC 2022

John Levine wrote:
> It appears that Abraham Y. Chen <aychen at avinta.com> said:
>>      C.    Recently, we were made aware of the Int-Area activities.
>> Attempts to reach the Group Chairs have not received any responses.
>>
>>      D.    I just received an Int-Area Digest Vol 199, Issue 14
>> requesting IETF to reactivate the IPv4 support.
> For people who don't follow the IETF lists, here's a summary of
> the responses.  Mr. Chen thought it was a good idea, everyone
> else, and I mean everyone, said it's a foolish idea and not
> worth pursuing.
>
> R's,
> John

*ahem*
Is this is how the IETF ivory tower residents likes to try and suppress
debate, by relegating all group think dissenters as white noise
nobodies? And if they have succeeded in doing such on their own forums,
its more telling about their own process problems than anything else.

I sincerely hope I am mistaken in your characterization of the many fine
individuals who have repeatedly gone on record in support of maintaining
IPv4 responsibly until such time as it is properly obsoleted.

While I can understand being considered a nobody, other more notable
definitely not nobodies have even on this tired topics' nth thread made
themselves heard and some fairly clearly.

History will continue to show that the IETF pursued the path of pain for
the internet.

Joe