Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re: 202203151549.AYC

Greg Skinner gregskinner0 at icloud.com
Sun Mar 20 17:12:46 UTC 2022

> On Mar 15, 2022, at 7:04 PM, Mark Andrews <marka at isc.org> wrote:
>

> Firstly nobody uses mailing list digests as references.  Secondly anyone can post to the mailing list, you just need to subscribe.  If you read the thread you can see there is no interest in this.
>
> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/int-area/iZnR1Dkomu4D8AfHTI2xR_npJ8Y/

I wouldn’t assume that the small number of responses indicates a lack of interest.  It’s possible that people haven’t commented because they’ve seen this topic play itself out over the years, and although they have opinions, they don’t feel compelled to post them there.  (Interestingly enough, some have posted them here.)  Another possibility is that they’re waiting until the draft is presented later this week before expressing their opinions.

—gregbo