V6 still not supported

surfer at mauigateway.com surfer at mauigateway.com
Fri Mar 18 21:32:52 UTC 2022

On Fri, 18 Mar 2022 13:47:00 -0700, Michael Thomas <mike at mtcc.com> wrote:

I'd really like to understand what the requirements that are specific to
v6 are that make it so much harder or bloated. Not product availability,
but actual things that make it difficult to deploy.

It's all in the nanog archives.  Just the amount of grumping by network operators to finally get DHCPv6 was pretty tremendous. Basically, folks were shouting "we want it whether you think we need it or not!"  Of course, that's just the start.  This thread itself has a lot of the iceberg tops.

scott