are underwater routers a thing?

Lady Benjamin Cannon of Glencoe lb at 6by7.net
Fri Mar 18 02:53:26 UTC 2022

Surprisingly it is power that primarily limits repeater count in undersea spans.

Ie, most available power is going to be eaten up budget wise by the repeaters, leaving none for routers.

It’s not terribly clear that a router would substantially benefit things that a ROADM could not also accomplish, and those do exist in undersea systems.

As routers decrease in power and coalesce with silicon photonics, this may change.

-LB

Ms. Lady Benjamin PD Cannon of Glencoe, ASCE
6x7 Networks & 6x7 Telecom, LLC
CEO
ben at 6by7.net
"The only fully end-to-end encrypted global telecommunications company in the world.”
ANNOUNCING: 6x7 GLOBAL MARITIME <https://alexmhoulton.wixsite.com/6x7networks>

FCC License KJ6FJJ