"Permanent" DST

surfer at mauigateway.com surfer at mauigateway.com
Wed Mar 16 20:31:21 UTC 2022

On 3/16/2022 7:11 AM, John Levine wrote:

It appears that Aaron C. de Bruyn via NANOG <aaron at heyaaron.com> said:

All that's left to solve is in-person stuff...which already currently sucks.

"My flight leaves at 6 AM local time and lasts 90 minutes, but I'm crossing
3 timezones heading west...

It could be worse.  In non-COVID times there are flights between Honolulu (HNL) and
Kirimati (CXI) which take about three hours but there is a 24-hour time change.

Darn International Date Line.  Until a person gets used to it things are confusing.
Explaining it to folks is so painful I just stopped.  Me: "When dealing with Australia,
it's the next day."  Other person: "What the heck do you mean???"

scott