"Permanent" DST

Fred Baker fredbaker.ietf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:59:00 UTC 2022

> On Mar 15, 2022, at 1:24 PM, Elmar K. Bins <elmi at 4ever.de> wrote:
>
> 2 - I like how american politics is capable of creating new problems; where
> did this bill come from in the first place? And who's lobbying?

According to the universal time law, the US is on Standard Time unless a state chooses Daylight Savings, but most states have chosen the latter. Florida and California, and perhaps other states, have passed laws saying that if Congress passes a law allowing universal Daylight savings, we'd prefer that. Personally, I don' care.