"Permanent" DST

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Mar 16 01:38:45 UTC 2022

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Keith Stokes" <keiths at salonbiz.com>

> There are plenty of arguments that the existing school hours aren’t best for
> educating children so the better answer might be to make school hours match
> later daylight hours.

As it turns out, there's a deeper answer here:

There are still a statistically significant number of families, even in 2022,
where the financial contribution of a high-school senior to the budget is
important, and that necessity is perceived to be both safer, and more likely
to be worth the investment for employers, if they can work later.

This also, as I understood it, why high-school is always the first grade
level which starts, and ends, the school day (often 7a-2p or so).

No, I don't have a citation handy; news pieces I read on it some years ago.

Cheers,
-- jra