Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock Re: 202203140004.AYC

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Mon Mar 14 04:22:33 UTC 2022

Hi, John:

0)    Thanks for your comments.

1)    Re: Ur. Pt. 1): I have recently been informed of such activities.
So far, my attempt to submit a draft and to reach the group chairs have
not been successful.

2)    Re: Ur. Pt. 2): Our work looks very much inline with your Unicast
project. My quick reaction is that EzIP appears to be a practical
application that can benefit from your proposal. Although we further
limit the application of 240/4 netblock to be "on-premises" (from the
Internet core's perspective) use, the scheme of the EzIP deployment
actually makes the scope bigger. Since I am not very familiar with the
terminologies, does this interpretation make any sense? Please comment.

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-14 00:22)