CC: s to Non List Members (was Re: 202203080924.AYC Re: 202203071610.AYC Re: Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock)

Greg Skinner gregskinner0 at icloud.com
Sat Mar 12 23:51:31 UTC 2022

I agree.  iMO, this 240/4 issue is another one of those tussles in cyberspace <https://david.choffnes.com/classes/cs4700fa14/papers/tussle.pdf>.   But I don’t fault IETF people or anyone else who pursues technical solutions to these types of problems as long as they are open and honest about the limitations of these solutions.

Also, IMO, the value of having a discussion about this issue here (and other NOG forums) is to get the perspective of people who (generally speaking) deal more immediately with the problems the broader “online" population has with IETF-based technology.

—gregbo