Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Sat Mar 12 08:10:02 UTC 2022

On Fri, Mar 11, 2022 at 11:58 PM JORDI PALET MARTINEZ via NANOG
<nanog at nanog.org> wrote:
> Exactly, many previous unsuccessful discussions at IETF about 240/4: IPv6 is the only viable long-term solution.
>
> The effort to “reinvent” any part of IPv4 or patches to it, then test that everything keeps working as expected, versus the benefits and gained time, it is much best invested in continue the IPv6 deployment which is already going on in this region and the rest of the world.
>
> It would not make sense, to throw away all the efforts that have been already done with IPv6 and we should avoid confusing people.
>
> I just think that even this thread is a waste of time (and will not further participate on it), time that can be employed in continue deploying IPv6.

Why are so many otherwise smart engineers so vulnerable to false
dilemma style fallacies? There's no "either/or" here. It's not a zero
sum game. If you don't see value in doing more with IPv4 then why
don't you get out of the way of folks who do?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

--
William Herrin