202203071610.AYC Re: Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock

Abraham Y. Chen aychen at avinta.com
Fri Mar 11 14:36:46 UTC 2022

Hi, Bill:

1)    Thanks for the reference. However, Informative Reference 7 of our
IETF Draft cites another IANA document which puts the initial date of
the 240/4 topic back to 1981-09 which was much earlier, in fact,
coincided with that of RFC 791.

2)    My curiosity questions were not about "when" or "how", but "why"
and for "whom". Particularly at a time that IPv4 was planned to be
"dead" soon, what was its "Future" that deserved to be Reserved for?

Regards,

Abe (2022-03-11 09:36)