V6 still not supported

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 04:50:19 UTC 2022

not to echo cameron's comment too much, but...

On Thu, Mar 10, 2022 at 3:44 PM Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com>
wrote:

> >but nowadays, some are going all v6.
>
> Where is there v6 only services/content?

I don't think any of this matters, really.
Is deploying v6 doable? yes
Is deploying it going to cost some clams? probably? maybe?
Is it important to users? no? yes? maybe?

The point of all of this 'deploy v6' conversation is REALLY:
  "Hey, eventually, in the long term using v4 is going to get more expensive
    and more inconvenient... probably."

Some folk have  taken the view that:
  "Do some work now, flush out the problems and be prepared so it's not an
emergency later"

some folk are waiting on everyone else (or enough everyone else) to flush
out the problems for them.
I don't see a lot of profit in trying to convince people that are on the
'meh, waiting on the <whatever> before v6 for me!'

-chris

btw, The year is 2022, verizon FIOS still has no actual v6 deployment...
In the year ~2005 AS701 was fully v6 capable.
In ~2009 the AS19262 edge was capable of ipv6. (think my chat with a
noc/eng person was pre-aurora... so 2009 seems right)
I guess not enough folk in AS701/19262/FIOS land are asking for v6? or
something?