V6 still not supported

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Thu Mar 10 22:56:16 UTC 2022

I could offer a more philosophical assessment of IPv6 deployment.

Perhaps we're there, we're doing fine. This is how it is going to go.

It's out there, it works (glitches aside), those who want it use it
tho they can't force others to use it so still need to maintain a
dual-stack if that's of importance to them. Perhaps that's a
reasonable complaint, the cost and effort of accommodating those who
haven't deployed IPv6.

Maybe it will take 50 years (we're easily half-way there.)

Put another way, by what objective measure is IPv6 deployment seen as
failing? Other than individuals' impatience. Was there a generally
agreed upon timeline which wasn't lived up to, for example?

--
        -Barry Shein