V6 still not supported

Robert L Mathews lists at tigertech.com
Thu Mar 10 20:54:44 UTC 2022

On 3/10/22 7:36 AM, Josh Luthman wrote:
> Now when (not if, we all know nothing is perfect) there are issues with
> v6 but not v4 I have to figure out why "my internet is slow" when v6 has
> problems.

You might find the opposite is true, though. Many dual-stack clients try
both IPv4 and IPv6 and use whichever works best:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happy_Eyeballs

In other words, adding IPv6 might sometimes completely avoid problems
for your customers (saving you time), because it makes some IPv4
problems no longer noticeable.

I'm confident that adding IPv6 support to all sites my company hosts
reduced the number of "I can't reach a site on your servers" complaints,
simply because there are two available network paths to our servers for
most Comcast customers, customers on 4G connections, etc.

 From my perspective, IPv6 has added a widely-adopted form of network
redundancy as an unexpected side-effect. "Neat!"

--
Robert L Mathews