V6 still not supported

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Wed Mar 9 23:04:51 UTC 2022

----- On Mar 9, 2022, at 4:46 PM, Josh Luthman josh at imaginenetworksllc.com wrote:

> ISP here. Deploying gigabit FTTH. No IPv6.
> Customers have 0 complaints about IPv6. 0 Complaints since 2006.

Don't you think there is a responsibility on those who know the technical details to do things on behalf of those who do not know any better?

You don't seriously think that the only reason anything should ever be done is because a customer specifically asked for it, do you?

This attitude is why IPv6 is not universal yet.

For what it is worth, both of the providers available to me in our small town have been IPv6 for well over a decade. One is Spectrum (formerly Time Warner). Residential support lagged a bit from our DIA circuits, but has still been solid for a very long time.

In my specific use case, IPv6 connections from my home to my office are much faster than IPv4.

-Randy