V6 still not supported

Andy Ringsmuth andy at andyring.com
Wed Mar 9 22:46:44 UTC 2022

> On Mar 9, 2022, at 4:39 PM, Tim Howe <tim.h at bendtel.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 9 Mar 2022 16:46:56 -0500
> Josh Luthman <josh at imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:
>
>> ISP here.  Deploying gigabit FTTH.  No IPv6.
>>
>> Customers have 0 complaints about IPv6.  0 Complaints since 2006.
>
> Right.  And this view point (which I have /some/ sympathy for) is what
> we're up against.  The average person doesn't know IPv6 is a thing, so
> of course they aren't going to ask for it. But they don't know IPv4 is
> a thing either, they just want to connect to the Internet.

Been bugging my ISP, which is also a gigabit FTTH outfit, for IPv6 ever since they opened their doors 4-5 years ago.

Nothing.

“We’re working on it.” they say.

“We’re waiting for wider adoption.” they say.

“We’re waiting for our upstream to support it.” they say (and HE is their upstream).

That comes from me politely emailing the CEO directly a handful of times.

What the heck. I’ll name-and-shame.

https://www.allocommunications.com

-Andy