V6 still not supported (was Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock)

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 19:25:13 UTC 2022

I am going to attend the WISPA conference in New Orleans next week.
(anyone going?). I don't see any topics related to ipv6 there, nor as
requirements for broadband grants.

I first tried to deploy ipv6 at my wisp 14 years ago, and failed
utterly. Since then, I've kept track of that market, and most of the
ipv6 support from the vendors that serve it, has been faltering. In
particular, I've been working on improving mikrotik's fq_codel and
cake support only to be completely stymied by several bugs in their
ipv6 implementation. ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWViGcBlnm0 ).

This week, I've been trying to get a cerowrt box with a hurricane ipv6
tunnel upgraded to modern openwrt, but am running into issues with the
default deny firewall.

Cisco Meraki only recently got a first release of ipv6 out the door.

Tomorrow I hope to take a look at a new ubnt 60ghz outdoor radio,
which I'm told "HAS WORKING IPV6!!", and hoping for the best, because
it has a SDN stack I have no visibility into.