CC: s to Non List Members (was Re: 202203080924.AYC Re: 202203071610.AYC Re: Making Use of 240/4 NetBlock)

John Kristoff jtk at dataplane.org
Wed Mar 9 01:06:02 UTC 2022

On 8 Mar 2022 19:14:34 -0500
"John Levine" <johnl at iecc.com> wrote:

> I have conversations with my hosting provider in which they tell me
> that nobody has ever asked for IPv6 other than me,

Oh you too?  I got that response all the time.  Then I when I press,
they usually say they've had one, two, three, maybe four others ask over
some really long period of time.  The good news is most hosting
providers I've dealt with in the past few years have v6 support now.
Those that don't seem to be in the minority now from what I can tell.

When I was a college DJ, the older people used to tell me for each
phone call I get into the show figure you have about 100 listeners.
I'm sure that was a WAG, but I bet there is some 1 to x ratio of others
out there that just aren't calling about IPv6.

John