VoLTE and SRTP

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Tue Mar 8 22:22:25 UTC 2022

On 3/8/22 2:17 PM, Brandon Svec wrote:
> I also read that the Russian military is depending on the
> mobile network for some (much?) of their own communication which isn't
> that surprising if the stories about their general ineptness are to be
> believed.  Maybe the reverse is happening and Ukraine and allies are
> listening in on Russian soldiers?  I would also think it serves a
> purpose to track targets in either direction too.

The article made reference to what I guess is the equivalent to CALEA
which puzzles me because the telco is the one that implements that and
they need authorization. I suppose the Russians could hack that, but the
Ukrainians could just ask for it. I'm betting that the article is as
good as its cost.

Mike