Cogent cutting links to Russia?

Nicole H. nicole4pt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 5 15:17:01 UTC 2022

Some are suggesting that the disconnect by Cogent is financially motivated.
However, it could also be that given the quick rise in cyber warfare that
they do not want to be caught in the crossfire and carrying and dealing
with the loads of DDOS and pure hacking attempts going in both directions.
The burden of dealing with this as well as payment issues and maybe for
purely ethical issues of dealing with a proven lying dictatorship may have
been the full motivation.

Nicole

--

* Nicole Harrington *
*  Operations & Engineering Manager - UNIX Systems Mistress *