Russia to disconnect from global Internet

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Mar 7 08:02:18 UTC 2022

On Sun, Mar 06, 2022 at 11:49:54PM +0100,
 Bill Woodcock <woody at pch.net> wrote
 a message of 62 lines which said:

> This applies exclusively to Russian federal government networks, not
> ISPs or telecom operators.  It’s just trying to get them to document
> and harmonize their practices isn perfectly reasonable ways,

And I assume that not *one* domain under .gov has name servers in
foreign TLDs and not *one* Web site using .gov loads resources (fonts,
stylesheets, code, etc) from a non-US service.

And yet noone says that the USA are disconnecting from the Internet.