ICANN Response (Re: Ukraine request yikes)

Sean Donelan sean at donelan.com
Fri Mar 4 03:18:38 UTC 2022

https://www.icrc.org/en

Convention (V) respecting the Rights and Duties of Neutral Powers and
Persons in Case of War on Land. The Hague, 18 October 1907.

CHAPTER I : THE RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF NEUTRAL POWERS - ART. 8.

Art. 8. A neutral Power is not called upon to forbid or restrict the use
on behalf of the belligerents of telegraph or telephone cables or of
wireless telegraphy apparatus belonging to it or to companies or private
individuals.

CHAPTER I : THE RIGHTS AND DUTIES OF NEUTRAL POWERS - ART. 9.

Art. 9. Every measure of restriction or prohibition taken by a neutral
Power in regard to the matters referred to in Articles 7 and 8
must be impartially applied by it to both belligerents.

A neutral Power must see to the same obligation being observed by
companies or private individuals owning telegraph or telephone cables or
wireless telegraphy apparatus.

[not an international relations lawyer]