Conflicts and fiber cuts

Hank Nussbacher hank at interall.co.il
Thu Mar 3 07:09:45 UTC 2022

As the discussion rages on NANOG, RIPE, CENTR and many other
uber-technical forums, I would like to see whether we can focus on what
we know best - networking.  Perhaps a weekly report of fiber cuts
throughout Europe (starting from Feb 15) and the RFO that the carrier
provided.  Of especial interest would be undersea/underocean cuts or
strange outages that the carrier cannot explain.  Perhaps we can then
map where some nation/state is sabotaging fiber or tapping into such fiber.

Anyone willing to run with this?

-Hank