Starlink terminals deployed in Ukraine

Michael Thomas mike at mtcc.com
Wed Mar 2 17:57:24 UTC 2022

On 3/2/22 9:32 AM, Valdis Klētnieks wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Mar 2022 08:51:05 -0500, Dorn Hetzel said:
>
>> Yeah, if Russia needs one 1st stage booster for every bird they kill, and
>> SpaceX needs one 1st stage booster for every 50 they put up....  Yes,
>> Russia is bigger than SpaceX, but that's a tremendous ratio.
> Plus  the asymmetry is even worse than that....
>
> Elon can use that *same* first stage booster to launch *another* 50
> next week, while the Russians need to get a *new* booster for shooting
> down the next bird.
>
> That's the *real* game changer in what SpaceX is doing....

I read this article on the upcoming Starship and it's really
interesting. They are not only going to reuse the primary stage, but
also the second stage. They're also going to use methane rather kerosene
which burns much, much cleaner so they can basically just fill it all up
again, and blast off for another.

For Starlink, they could probably put 500 a week up, maybe more.

https://everydayastronaut.com/definitive-guide-to-starship/

Mike