Starlink terminals deployed in Ukraine

Tony Wicks tony at wicks.co.nz
Tue Mar 1 20:19:23 UTC 2022

I think you are significantly overestimating the quality, quantity and will of the Russians to do such a thing as shoot down another countries satellites. In case it wasn’t clear from the preceding week there is a significant difference between the image of conventional weapon strength the Russian military has been portraying over the last 20 years and the reality of the situation. Swatting down hundreds of satellites just isn’t a thing, even the US military who have access to hundreds of SM3/SM6/THAAD vehicles would struggle to do such a thing. The Russian military would struggle to knock down a dozen I would suggest and the retaliation would be significant for such a blatant attack on a NATO countries assets.